Start slow—or take off like a rocket? When it comes to real estate investing, the choice isn’t the same for all. This week, our guest Paul Thompson made a clear choice: Rocket! After realizing the fragile nature of his six-figure salary, he set out to replace his salary with passive income—as quickly as possible. This led him to average a new home purchase every month for the first year and a half, and soon he had true financial freedom and quit his 9–5. This show is packed full of actionable tips, including some never-before-heard-on-this-podcast strategies for finding deals with the use of virtual assistants, Craigslist, and cold calling! This is one episode for which you’ll need to take some notes, so grab a notebook and let’s get into it!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
Fire Round Sponsor
Equity Trust is a financial services company that enables individual investors to diversify investment portfolios through alternative asset classes, including real estate, tax liens, private equity and precious metals.
Get your free 10 Ways to Partner on a Deal with Your IRA Checklist: trustetc.com/bp3
In This Episode We Cover:
- Paul’s backstory prior to real estate investing
- His first deal doing the BRRRR method
- What is escape velocity?
- P.I.L.E. (Passive Income greater than your Living Expenses)
- How he manages his properties
- Finding private money lenders through BiggerPockets
- His system in making offers
- Things he looks for in each deal
- How to negotiate for seller financing
- Subject-to explained
- Why does he L.I.E. every day?
- His interesting thoughts about money
- How he balances his time
- The third-party catalyst
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
Fire Round Questions
- “How many deals do you have is the wrong question to ask. It’s how much cashflow are you generating?” (Tweet This!)
- “Never assume that what is important to you is important to the other party.” (Tweet This!)
- “There is plenty of money for the things you really want.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t want cash, you want what cash can give you.” (Tweet This!)