Have you been wondering about buying a platform bed? Here are some valuable do’s and don’ts to consider.
1. Do try lying on an in-store mattress on a platform bed to see if you like the way the bed feels. This will help you to know if you should still consider buying a platform bed or not.
2. Do a lot of shopping around before you settle on your platform bed. This will allow you to compare styles, sizes and prices. You will then be able to discover what you truly like and what will work best within your budget.
3. Do ask questions to the sales person. You should not hesitate with your questions. It is your money that you are spending on the platform bed after all. As a result, you indeed have the right to ask questions. Not only do you have the right to ask questions, it is your obligation to ask questions and to address any concerns you may have regarding buying a platform bed.
4. Do allow yourself sufficient time to buy a platform bed. It is not enough time to allow only ten minutes to rush into a store to buy a platform bed. You could buy the wrong one and then eventually you will be unhappy with your purchase.
5. Do take the time to watch your favorite stores for sales on their platform begs. This will allow you to have the opportunity to save a large amount of money on your platform bed. The money you save can be used for something else.
6. Do be careful to measure the platform bed to make sure that it will truly be able to accommodate the size of mattress that you have.
7. Do ensure that you buy a strong platform bed. You do not want to have the bed crash on you in the middle of the night with the mattress falling to the floor. This could potentially cause injury to you or your partner, or a guest if you are buying the platform bed for your guest room.
8. Do only buy a platform bed that comes with a warranty. This will offer you some form of financial protection in case something happens to the platform bed unexpectedly.
1. If your partner seems to want to buy a platform bed, do not be closed minded. A platform bed can truly support your mattress well. And you just may find that you like sleeping on a platform bed better than a box spring bed.
2. Do not buy the first platform bed you see and like. It is best to shop around to make sure that you get the best quality platform bed, as the reality is that some platform beds may not be made of good materials and may be too flimsy. They may work well for a while, but then after a short time they may begin to fall apart and not support you while you are sleeping. Also, shopping around allows you to get the best price.
3. Do not pay more than you can afford. You may see a gorgeous platform bed. But it may be super expensive. It may be tempting just to buy it, because you really have fallen in love with it. However, you could get behind in your bills and other financial obligations if you buy something that you cannot truly afford. This will only end up causing you much regret and frustration in the end.
4. Do not buy a platform bed that is too close to the floor. This can rob you of valuable storage space. It is wise to make sure that you get a platform bed that allows you space to store stuff under the bed. This is particularly true if you live in a small place where storage is ultra limited.
5. Do not buy a box spring for the platform bed. The idea of the platform bed is to prevent the need of adding a box spring. So if you buy a box spring, you are only wasting money.
When you are trying to find the best platform beds, consider Modern Digs. It has a wide assortment of great quality platform beds that are sure to please you and that go with a wide spectrum of décor choices.